Vanquish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Global Agenda Clan.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Biggest Nerd thread

Go down 
+4
Seferoth
ColdFire
Madaz
Vandah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vandah

Vandah

Biggest Nerd thread Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:35 pm

So ive been playing video games and have been watching anime for some time, some call me a nerd but i see it as a way of life. And I want to see how big of nerds my agency members are.

I dont have that much "nerdy stuff" but what i do have is my Gurren Lagann Wall scroll. This sits right over my computer While i play Global Agenda.

Biggest Nerd thread GE-9994

One of the few things i take pride in. Smile

If anybody wants to recommend anything to me ill gladly listen.
My Anime List

So can you guys beat me? Whos the biggest nerd here??
Back to top Go down
Madaz

Madaz

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 am

Quote :
I dont have that much "nerdy stuff" but what i do have is my Gurren Lagann Wall scroll.

What is that?

Iv'e only liked Bleach or The Alchemist, because it was shown on Adult Swim.
Back to top Go down
Vandah

Vandah

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Madaz wrote:
Quote :
I dont have that much "nerdy stuff" but what i do have is my Gurren Lagann Wall scroll.

What is that?

Iv'e only liked Bleach or The Alchemist, because it was shown on Adult Swim.

Gurren lagann? Its an anime. Or a Wall Scroll is a big fabric cloth piece that hangs on your wall, Like a poster
Back to top Go down
ColdFire

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Only thing i got.... : Master Chief Helm. All you need to be a collectables nerd. Did anyone else waste thier money on that piece of shit you cant even wear?
Back to top Go down
Seferoth

Seferoth

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:53 am

Let the list begin -

23000 point Warhammer 40k Eldar army (average army is 2000pts)
4500 point Warhammer Dwarf army
Collection of Kit Rea Fantasy Blades
Large collection of geek games including Zombies, Killer Bunnies, Settlers of Catan, Munchkins.
Gollum statue from LOTR movie set and all 3 collector edition movies
3 Xbox 360s for lan partys
over 100 original xbox games
1st edition Steel Battalion game with Green button controller - Pics
My dog is named after Loki
Magic Cards
Every week I get together with a group of gents to play giant sized boardgames eg: 6'X4' Axis and Allies
A tool chest devoted to Computer repair needs

Do I win yet bounce
Back to top Go down
Tysabri

Tysabri

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:26 am

Seffy, I don't know why, but Eldar makes such perfect sense for you. XD

I had a Space Marines army called the White Jaguars - they had leopard spots painted on their pauldrons. And my Dreadnought wore a little apron.

I've also got an awesome 4 1/2" tall statue of Brother Osrik of the Space Wolves chilling on one of my bookshelves.

I'd have to take a picture of my computer room to prove my nerdiness - but it's mixed with a lot of girliness (i.e., stuffed animals) and weirdlyness (i.e., I have quite a few taxidermied tails lying around and one intact ranched fox pelt) that I don't know if it counts as nerdiness XD

But do I have a SHIT-ton of manga. It's just mostly shojo. ::hides::

And a Cowboy Bebop wall scroll. FTW.
Back to top Go down
Jirikai

Jirikai

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I had a harlequin and eldar army.

Cowboy Bebop ftw

I also like Watanabi's Samurai Champloo, but after the first couple episodes I feel like he got lazy and didn't do near enough visual mixing. FAIL :-(
Back to top Go down
skirrlix

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:49 pm

i played space marines black Templar i had a pretty big army last time i added it up it was around 14000 points, got a statue of venom standing over a beat to shit ironman, massive box's of comics, over 30 sega gen games and i have 8 computers next to me..cs, ut, and bf lan's with friends ftw can even make custom maps for ut but not cs still getting the hang of the source engine
Back to top Go down
silentsadist

silentsadist

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:34 am

ColdFire wrote:
Only thing i got.... : Master Chief Helm. All you need to be a collectables nerd. Did anyone else waste thier money on that piece of shit you cant even wear?

that's when you go ahead and make your own helmet out of pepakura designs. Its a laborious process, but if you're nerd enough and want a functional/wearable helmet, there a few things you have to master first:

1: get pepakura designer and masterchief helmet plans
2: print on cardstock paper and cut out hundreds of tiny pieces
3: glue said pieces together until it is a helmet
4: use polyurethane (plastic) to coat the helmet for hardness
5: Bondo (car stuff) rough edges/gaps and sand paper it all to correct smoothness
6: after sanding, its ready to paint

p.s. somewhere in there you install a visor, but i forget the steps, if you really want, you can look it up lol.

p.p.s. seriously, this shit takes FOREVER (well, okay, maybe a month or two) so you need lots of patience!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Nerd thread   Biggest Nerd thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Nerd thread
Page 1 of 1